The search engine of Google has become a dominant force in the world of internet. It is really difficult to even think of any website without Google. Similarly, it has become unthinkable to view world without Google. The importance of Google can be judged from the fact that it has crept into every aspect of our daily lives. The phrase of “being Goggles” has become a common expression which is being said and performed by millions of users around the world. Google offers a diverse range of services from productivity applications to instant messaging.
Having such prominent presence, there are people who are still not aware that Google offers some excellent tools free of cost for the users be it generic users, businessman, marketers or webmasters. This develops a thought in majority of the people that why Google is providing so many tools at zero cost? The prime reason for this gesture is it wants to foster a close relationship with the users and wants to build up the Google brand name in the process.
There are numerous tools that are being offered by Google. The tools are divided under various sections that can guide you the nature of all the tools.
- Must Have Tools: These tools are the basic tools that are provided by Google. They can make the computer activities much easier. They include reader, IGoogle, Picasa, Docs, notebook and desktop.
- Maps and Travel Tools: These type of tools helps in exploring the locations around the world. It may include Ride Finder, Transit, Mars, Sky and Earth.
- Web Browsing and Development Tools: These tools are very beneficial for the users especially for Web developers, businesses and students. All these tools aid in creating and using the websites. They include Sketch Up, Checkout and Web accelerator, FeedBurner, Web History, Base, Co-OP, App Engine, Website Optimizer, Browser Sync, Click-to-Call and Page Creator.
- Social Networking and Communication Tools: These tools have the capability to keep you in touch with your family members, peers, classmates and co-workers. The tools include Orkut, Android, Send to Phone, Shared Stuff, Talk, Dodgeball, Friend Connect, Grand Central and Sites.
- Custom Search Tools: Through this tool, you have the option to refine or narrow down your search for the material. The tools may include Scholar, Patent Search, Sets, Catalogs, and Search by Number, Accessible Search, Trends, Books Search, News Archive Search and Special Searches.
- Miscellaneous Google Tools: These are additional tools that can make you do different things in your spare time. The tools that are included in miscellaneous include Google Pack, Gadgets, Pinyin IME, Image Labeler, Code Search, Alerts, Apps, GOOG-411, Google Mobilizer and Gears.
- Third Party Tools: These tools are associated with the Google’s search technology. However, they can enable you to do wide variety of stuff more easily compared to the existing Google programs. The tools included are Simply Google, Googlematic, Goofresh, Cooking with Google and Babelplex.
Hence, by using the above mentioned tools it will make your research easier along with time management.