Document management software or paperless office technology, replaces paper-based processes with electronic procedures, eliminating the printing, posting and manual filing of paper documents.
And here's a few more:
- Think about a condensing boiler. These modern boilers are very energy efficient and upgrading to a condensing boiler and full heating controls may save up to £235 per year
- £875 million worth of electricity is lost in the United Kingdom yearly by people leaving appliances in standby mode. Remember to turn appliances off properly when you've finished with them or consider using a power strip that does it automatically.
- Is your home properly insulated? Insulating your home is one of the most effective ways to save energy and money. Insulating a loft space could save you £150 annually and lessen your CO2 emissions as well
- Use a dishwasher. Not only is this wonderfully lazy, giving you time to do other more productive things than washing dishes, modern dishwashers use much less water than washing dishes by hand. Make sure you wait until the dishwashwer is full though
- A running tap wastes over 6 litres of water a minute so turn off the tap whilst brushing your teeth, shaving or washing your face and use cold water where you don't need hot.
- A dripping tap can waste over 1136 gallons of water a year so make sure your taps are properly turned off and fixed promptly if they start to drip.
- Boiling a whole kettle when you just want one cup wastes energy, only boil water you actually want to use